How To Pack Carry On Only For a Weekend Running Trip
I never check bags anymore. Whether I’m traveling for 3 or 10 days, I just don’t see the need to. I’ve learned how to pack smartly and efficiently in a carry on & personal bag. If you don’t have an airline credit card, or status you are wasting ? on baggage fees. Check out my tips and tricks below on how to pack carry on only for a weekend running trip.
Some items that I mention in the video:
- Race Belt – https://amzn.to/2QEep5u
- Drunk Elephant Bag – http://bit.ly/drunkelephantbag
- Space NK Travel Bag – http://bit.ly/spacenktravelbag
- Kipling Cyrah Carry On – http://http://bit.ly/35mxs9A
- MZ Wallace medium metro tote – http://bit.ly/36kQ4rW
- Travel Silicone Containers – https://amzn.to/39DWRPF
- Anker Portable Charger – https://amzn.to/36kfSEB
- Anker USB Hub – https://amzn.to/35kVUbr
- Garmin 735XT – https://amzn.to/2FlEu3H
- RX Bars – https://amzn.to/2ZRj9Zx
- Cabeau Neck Pillow – https://amzn.to/2MR4lVx
My Packing Tips:
?Use a small bag: the smaller your bag, the less you can stuff in it!
?Pack only what you need: it’s only 2-3 days, how many outfit options do you need??!!
? Pack clothes in the same color family: this makes it easier to mix and match pieces, and you can wear things more than once! ? for longer trips.
?Organize in Pouches/small bags: group things like toiletries, tech, health, hair, etc. together, it makes things easier to find once you get to your destination.
?Bring a reusable water bottle: you can fill it up at a fountain once you pass security. This beats buying that $6 bottle of water at the airport. Also, hotels often have water in their lobbies that you can refill with.
?Invest in good luggage. You don’t have to spend $500 on a bag, but that $50 carry on will not last you. I’ve had my go to carry on since 2011, and it’s still going strong! If you plan to travel often, a good bag(s) is worth it.
What is your preference, checking a bag, or going carry on only? Let me know your thoughts, and any tips or tricks you may have.